Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Start your own website!


I started a website as a class requirement in Careers in Nutrition and Dietetics.  I’ve continued to add to it since the class ended.  I never, ever would have started a website on my own.  I am not tech savvy at all and would be afraid to even attempt it.  However, I must say that it was not difficult and am so happy that this was a class requirement.  There are many free websites available that are extremely user friendly. As we all know, volunteer and work experience related to the field is extremely important.  What I like best is that it’s allowed me to keep my volunteer experiences very organized with categories and dates.   It’s given me a better picture of the experiences I’ve had since starting the program and I can easily send the link to anyone that is interested.  I highly recommend having a website while a student.  Not only is it a great way to keep track of experiences but makes you more visible and showcases your interest in the field. You can visit my website at:  http://eatsensibly.weebly.com/

 

No comments:

Post a Comment