Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Planning meals for the week


I really try to cook as much as possible. Let’s face it, it’s the only way to know exactly what’s in your food in addition to it being healthier and hopefully, just as delicious!  I have two kids and don’t want them to think that eating out all the time is good for you or normal (even though that is what most people do these days).  Cooking for the week involves a little planning in advance.  I plan on Sunday what we are going to eat for the week and then go to the grocery store.  I try to pick 4 entrée dishes, usually, a pasta, chicken, vegetarian and fish dish or sometimes I will swap one of these with a beef recipe.  We eat leftovers at our house and then will normally eat out once a week.  It becomes easy to incorporate this into your weekend routine once you make it a habit.  Every once in a while I won’t get to making a list or go to the store and I have to figure out what we are eating every day which makes for a very stressful week.  Planning meals is  always healthier than eating out and will save you time, money and reduce mealtime stress!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment