Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Spring Classes Over

My Spring semester classes are finally overwith!  The semester went by quickly and I am ready for my summer classes.  The classes I took in the Spring were Environmental Issues in Hospitality and Human Nutrition. I found the Env. class was interesting and did not require as much studying as my Human Nutrition class.  I was also ServSafe certified during the semester as part of the class requirement.  The ServSafe test is not difficult but does require some studying to remember temperatures and other  little details that are hard to remember!  Human Nutrition required a lot of studying and I found myself grateful for my biochemistry class the previous semester which I never ever thought I would say!
This summer I am taking Nutritional Assessment and a class unrelated to dietetics (requirement for degree).  The Nutritional Assessment class should be interesting as I am required to find an RD for some assignments. I am in the process of looking for one now.  I went to the eatright.org website and clicked on "Find an RD" and put in my zip code to find some near me.  I then sent out a mass email explaining my situation and what I need.  I did get a response from an RD that is in private practice.  Stay tuned and I will keep you posted as to how things progress once my class starts, June 10th. 
I am also in the process of trying to find some volunteer experience for the summer.  I am open to anything and have called Meals on Wheels, food banks, the community college to see if I could help with nutrition class, summer lunch program (no success), and more.  Stay tuned and I will let you know what else I come up with and what I end up doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment