Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Jason's Deli Sandwich

One of my favorite restaurants is Jason's Deli!  I like going there because I can eat reasonably healthy if I want to as they have some very tasty lite items on the menu.  I normally get their spinach wrap which is delicious!  Last week I decided to try something different, a turkey Reuben.  It was delicious although a little salty.  When I got home, I looked it up on their menu and was shocked to see the sodium content!  Take a look below.  Needless to say, I will not be getting this sandwich again and it just goes to show that calorie labeling on menus is important! Had I known this upfront, I would not have wanted this sandwich.  It had a lot of turkey and sauerkraut which were both very salty.  There was also mustard and cheese so all in all, I would not expect this to be low salt but would never guess it was as high as stated below.  Lesson learned:  check online menu prior to going out to eat!  :)

Calories 510
Calories from Fat 120
Total Fat 13g20%
Saturated Fat 6g
Artificial Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 80mg27%
Sodium 3050mg127%
Total Carbohydrate 53g18%
Dietary Fiber 6g24%
Sugars 0g
Protein 44g

No comments:

Post a Comment